TERMS & CONDITIONS
(1) The www.surfshacktravel.com website, and any mobile application for the website (the “Surf Shack Travel”) is owned and operated by Surf Shack SCP J76217827 (“Surf Shack Travel”, “we”, “us” or “our”).
(2) Our terms and conditions constitute a legally binding agreement between Surf Shack Travel and the Traveller. By using or accessing the site or Surf Shack Travel platforms or systems, you acknowledge that you agree to and are subject to our terms and conditions. If you do not fully agree with Surf Shack Travel terms and conditions, you are not authorised to access or otherwise use the Site. Travellers include people who use the Site to access information about and to book kitesurf, surf and windsurf camps.
(3) Surf Shack Travel may revise these terms and conditions at any time by posting an updated version to this web page. You should visit this page periodically to view the most current terms and conditions because they are binding on you.
1) RESERVATION POLICY
(a) Making a reservation: After we receive your booking request we shall contact you in less than 24 hours. We will provide all the information you may need and ask you for a deposit payment (15% to 30% of the total value, depending on destination). The reservation payment should be made up to 3 days after the booking. The total payment should be made upon arrival.
A deposit of 50-500 EUR is required on arrival, this will be returned providing no damage has been caused to the apartment.
(b) Confirmation: After payment of the deposit you will receive a confirmation e-mail and further instructions. We only guarantee your place after you pay the deposit.
(c) Change of booking: If you wish to change your booking after it has been confirmed e.g. guest names, date changes (max 1 month variation), etc, you must contact us at least 30 days before arrival.
(d) Refund: All refund requests must be in writing, and made direct to us or through the Agent from whom the travel arrangements were purchased. Claims must be made within 10 days of completion of travel arrangements. Refunds will not be made for bookings cancelled due to inclement weather, waves, wind, flight cancellation or illness. These must be claimed through your travel Insurance. No refunds will be made for services once travel arrangements have commenced. No guarantee is provided or warranted that any refund will be available.
2) CANCELLATION POLICY
After reservation is made we will accept the cancellation under the following terms:
- a) Until 60 days prior to arrival we will refund 100% of the deposit
- b) 59th to the 30th day before start of travel we will issue a voucher which you can use up to 1 year for any of our trips (You will be asked to pay the difference in case the price of another package is different)
- c) 29th to the 1st day before start of travel we will charge 100% of the deposit PLUS you will be charged any cancellation fees that are levied by the accommodation, airline or other suppliers.
Up to the start of travel, the person traveling can request to have a third party take over the rights and responsibilities from his/her travel contract.
Cancellations must be in writing and should be addressed to the consultant handling the booking.
3) ACCOMMODATION POLICY
Check-In is after 2 p.m. and Check-Out is until 10 a.m. (if you stay after 10 a.m. you will be charged an extra day). Check In and Check Out times are different for each destination. We will send you all the necessary information once you make a reservation.
Accommodation: Accommodation is as specified in the accommodation section of our websites. All costs are shown in Euro, unless otherwise stated. We reserve the right to offer alternative accommodation of a similar standard in the case the accommodation operator overbooks their property or for any reason beyond our control. All rates are subject to change without notice. Not all properties provide instant availability and in these cases Surf Shack Travel checks availability once we receive the booking request.
Surf Shack is not responsible for the client’s personal belongings during their stay, wherever they are placed. The Client is fully responsible for his or her personal belongings. Please inform the team leader if any damage occurs to the structure or objects.
– Please wash your dishes after every use
– Take care to reduce noise after 11 p.m.
– Respect your roommates
– It is obligatory to lock your room
4) REGISTRATION / CAMP CONFIRMATION / DEPOSIT
Payment of a deposit means that you agree to a binding contract with Surf Shack Travel and its terms and conditions. The person filling out the following details: FULL NAME, DATE OF BIRTH, FLIGHT DETAILS AND PHONE NUMBER, also completes the registration process for all listed additional participants and agrees to the contractual obligations for all participants including himself/herself, provided that he/she accepted a separate obligation by providing an explicit and separate statement.
The deposit is a part-payment (non-refundable) to reserve your place and for services offered. Once you pay the deposit, you enter into a binding contract with Surf Shack Travel.
5) ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS AND RESPONSIBILITY
The participant explicitly states that there are no medical conditions preventing participation in the offered sports activities.
6) RENTAL TERMS
When renting out equipment, we are entitled to refuse the handing over of sports equipment to renters who do not have the necessary qualifications. The renter is responsible for all damages and expenses that occur. We can ask for a down-payment in cash at the beginning of the rental period. In case of damages, we are entitled to use the amount of the down-payment for insurance costs, as well as damages and losses. The down-payment is to be returned to the renter after safe return of the equipment. Our partner school has the right to ask you for your credit card details when renting equipment. In case of loss, breakage, damage to the equipment Surf Shack Travel does not take any responsibility for both parts.
7) PASSPORT, VISA AND HEALTH REGULATIONS, INSURANCE
The traveler is responsible for the compliance of all necessary regulations concerning the trip. Travelers are required to obtain information regarding passport, visa and health regulations from the respective consulate. Surf Shack is not responsible if entry regulations into individual countries are not observed by the traveler, or should a visa not be issued in time due to fault of the traveler. All travelers are advised to take out a travel insurance.
8) USE OF PHOTOGRAPHS
The participants agree to the possibility of having their pictures taken or being filmed during various activities and sports activities while on the trip, and that this footage can be used by Surf Shack in their marketing activities. Surf Shack also states, that journalists might take part in the trip to document these activities.
9) WIND & WAVE CONDITIONS
We offer camps only in the period of best conditions of a certain spot. Surf Shack policy when the class cannot be done due to weather conditions is as follows: Surf Shack offers the option to practice another activity. In case the student does not wish to take part on the other activity and his holiday time runs out before completing the course, Surf Shack will issue a voucher stating the class time not completed. The client will have the option of recovering the class time missed on a yearlong span of time.
Surf Shack Travel is not responsible for wind, wave and any weather conditions during your stay, and will have the right to cancel surf/kite surf/windsurf lessons, if wind, waves and/or any other weather conditions make it impossible or unsafe to run lessons as planned. Instructors and guides partnering with Surf Shack Travel will have the full right to take decisions about whether the conditions are appropriate or not for lessons, and will also do their best to give the missing lesson(s) back at another time during your stay. Clients cannot claim a refund because of waves, wind and/or any other weather conditions, or for any other reason they did not complete their lessons or rental.
10) TERMS AND CONDITIONS POLICY